Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Grocery Savings

So I'm not as good as Jessica at moneysavingmom, but I thought I did pretty good on groceries this week. Usually by the end of the month our cabinets are totally empty and we have to spend major money at Walmart just to catch up, but I have been reading some great on-line blogs about saving money on groceries. Moneysavingmom.com and Life as a mom (sorry I couldn't get her link to work) are great places to find out about great deals. I also found a local blogger out of Fargo that shops/blogs about one of the grocery stores that I go to.


This picture is of all the totally FREE stuff that I got today. Plus, I plan on going back to walgreens to get 4 more bottles of FREE detergent tomorrow.



Stop one: Target
Spent: $12.95
Saved: $8.90

Stop Two: Sunmart
Spent: $70.32
Saved: $15.00

I don't know if you can tell or not but I got 2 pkg. bacon, tilapia, pork chops, 6 bags of cheese, cheese sticks plus the rest of the stuff. :)
Stop three: Service Foods
Spent: $90.83
Saved: $30.00
Some of the highlights: 4 pkg various meat, 3 pkg lunch meet, 3 gallons milk, 4 boxes of kix, whole wheat flour and the rest of the stuff.
Stop four: Walgreens
Spent: $7.87
Saved: $22.95
I didn't get a picture, but I got the 2 free detergent, 1 gallon milk, dish soap and 6 boxes klennex. I am also going back to use my other 2 detergent coupons, so I will end up with 6 free bottles.

TOTAL SPENT: $181.97
SAVED: $77.85 (43%)
Plus, I got to spend a few hours by myself and picked up some things for K-man (Sat.) and K-girl's (next Wed.) birthday parties.

3 comments:

  1. Guess you won't need me to build you big boxes of stuff anymore since you're couponing now too! Keep at it and you'll just keep getting better and saving more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always appriciate your boxes!!! And I am sure you will find some other people to bless with your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm totally amazed at you and Theresa. Guess I better get on the bandwagon. Only problem is I don't have a Walgreen's, etc. oh well....

    ReplyDelete