Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fences, horses and more garden produce

After a busy weekend the kids and I enjoyed some time relaxing at my friend Trudy's parent's house while Shawn and Steve (Trudy's husband) when fly fishing. They are horse sitting while her parents are in Papa New Guinea on a month long missions trip. Trudy is a fellow homeschooler and her boys are 7, 4 and 20 months, so we get together as often as we can to let the kids play.

The kids had a blast jumping on the trampoline, playing with bubbles, running through the sprinkler, eating dinner in an outdoor playhouse, and riding a pony!! Trudy and I got a few minutes to chat while supervising our crew of 7 kids. Boy did they all sleep good that night.


The kids running through the sprinkler.

The little kids taking a turn at jumping.

K-girl (aka cowgirl) in heaven riding the pony!

She told me, "mommy, I'm going to pay Mrs. Densmore all my money so I can take this paint pony home with me!" Lets just say it was love at first sight and she didn't want to go home (or get off the horse).


K-man



K-sis and K-baby riding double



Shawn was busy putting up our new chain link fencing to keep Abby in our yard. I'm sure it will be useful in corraling K-baby too if the kids remember to keep the gates shut. Shawn and all his helpers managed to get half of the fence totally done last weekend. Me, I went shopping in Fargo all day Sunday. This meant Shawn had 4 kids (+2 neighbor kids) and the dog to help him. I'm sure he would have gotten it completed without so much help, but was kind enough to let me have a mommy's day out.



We put 'em to work early around here.


You can always find these two working together on some project.



This weeks produce


Last weeks produce that I didn't get a chance to post...it's all gone already.



Some yummy organic blueberries (5 pounds) and cherries that we got at Meadow Farm Foods.
The cherries were gone the first day and we have been enjoying blueberry pancakes and muffins this week. I think tonight is going to be pancakes again before I freeze most of the berries for us to enjoy this winter.

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of yummy produce! Your freezer is going to be packed!

    Looks like the kids had lots of fun with the horse!

    ReplyDelete