Sunday, November 7, 2010

Before They Are Gone

As we fly through these busy days we try to keep in mind that some day these chairs full of beautiful smiles....




.....will be empty.
Which reminds us to make the most of each day! We try to remember that our children are with us for only a short time.
.
I am so glad that we have an opportunity to be with our children each day and show them our love and more importantly God's love too.
.
2 Timonty 3:14-15 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.
.
One of the most important things that we try to find time for is reading God's Word each day. I try to spend time reading the bible each morning before the kids get up and it always seems to make such a difference in how my day goes. Trust me, it's hard to yell at my kids right after you have read in the bible about being patient. :)
.
K-man has been keeping me on my toes too. I printed us both a read through the bible checklist and he is always checking with me to see who has read more chapters. So far he has read 9 books of the bible and I couldn't be happier than when I see him choosing to read his bible all on his own.
.
We also know how trusting in Jesus as our Savior is the most important thing that our children can learn in life. We are so excited to share with you that both of our girls K-girl and K-sis have invited Jesus into their hearts this year.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet - loved the whole blog! but especially the last paragraph. Beautiful kids with a heart for Jesus.... made me cry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so inspiring, Carrie! Thank you for such a beautiful blog post.

    ReplyDelete