Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

There are so many things for us to be thankful of this year! That is a God this for sure.

Plenty of food at our table! I didn't manage to snag a picture of everyone sitting down, I'm sure I must have been too busy passing the green beans or putting honey on someone's roll.

  • I am most thankful for two of my children's decision to follow Christ. It is amazing to be there while they make these life choices and watch them grow.

  • I'm also thankful for our families who bless us more than they could possibly know.

  • The freedoms in our country to worship God and to homeschool our children are something I cherish everyday.

  • We are also thankful for Shawn's job, which he loves, that allows him to be with us without having to drive 2 hours each day.

  • Our new friends and wonderful church community that we have found in our new home town.



We've had LOTS going on this month and I haven't found anytime for blogging. I'd take pictures of us doing laundry or cleaning up our toys, but you probably wouldn't enjoy that much. :)



The kids were so excited that Nana and Papa were able to make it up in time to attend their special Thanksgiving Festival at school. They did a great job singing with their class and we even enjoyed some great First Thanksgiving Day food.



All the pilgims and one indian enjoying food.




K-man


K-girl and Daddy.



Papa and K-baby.




K-sis helping her sister get some papers organized.





All my blessings!






K-man and K-girl are in the front row towards the right.

The kid's school of choice class getting ready to sing. I have always been drawn to multi-age classrooms and family settings, I did my student teaching in a 3rd-5th grade classroom and enjoyed everything about it. My kids love having class with all these brothers and sisters. They have 24 kids and 2 teachers in their class from kindergarten to 6th grade. I love watching the big kids come and help out the little ones. :)






K-sis at her 1st birthday party of the season with Nana and Papa Papon. She is having another party on Saturday with a few guests. She is totally excited about being 4!






The whole crew posing in front of the Christmas tree! We were so glad that Bruce and Yvette could drive all the way up to spend some time with us and the kids. We kept everyone on their toes the whole time. Papa did some home improvement, the girls did some sewing and we even went bowling.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great thanksgiving! We'll have to have Thanksgiving together one of these years since you're such an awesome cook! :) The kids looked adorable in their costumes! We can wait to see you in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - too many blessings to count! Had a great time ! thanks for the wonderful food!

    ReplyDelete