Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Vacation Part 3

On the 3rd part of vacation in October we got to travel with my parents and do some camping on our way back home. My kids are really blessed with great grandparents who are willing to really love and spoil them. I'm very thankful to my parents for planning out this trip so we could come back to KS and visit family. Hopefully, next time it won't take me so long to get the pictures posted on the blog.
Our first stop was in Lincoln were we got to see my Grandpa and 2 of my Uncles and their families. We enjoyed a great picnic at the park and then dinner at my Grandpa's house. I'm glad that Lincoln is on our way home so we can make this stop more often.
Our next stop was in South Dakota right along the river. We saw lots of beautiful scenery and explored some new places. Everyone had a blast and the kids are already planning where they want to go next!
Picture of the whole family we took while on one of our many hikes around Maplewood State Park.

My parents, Shawn and the kids at the beach.


Our camping spot in South Dakota. We had the whole campground to ourselves and the perfect spot right next to the playground.


My mom preparing one of many meals we ate in my parent's motorhome. She has even mastered freezer cooking to cut down on some of the prep work while camping.


The kids loved the campfire and roasting marshmallows.


My dad and the kids on the dock. It was too cold for swimming, but the kids had a great time throwing rocks in the water.

A Homeschool Moment!! K-man explaining to K-girl how a waterfall forms with erosion of soft rock. :)

The girls hiking up the trail. They all knew that daddy would love the prairie best.


The view from our campsite in MN to the lake. It was a great site for soccer, baseball and even a kickball game. We will definitely be back to this state park next summer, it is only 30 minutes from our house.

Nana giving tips on the proper way to climb trees.

K-man is a total outdoors kid! He loved every minute of camping, but I think tending the camp fire with Papa was his favorite thing.


The kids (and adults) enjoyed biking around the campground.



Have I caught anything yet??? K-baby fishing with some rope. I was standing behind her most of the time to keep her on the dock.



My mom always manages to keep the kids busy. She brought along some crafts for the kids to work on.


Shawn and K-baby hiking around the lake.



My parents, my crew and me. What a beautiful park.



All the girls riding high!


It seems like all the towns in our area have large animal statues and of course we are trying to take a picture in front of each one. This was the Pelican from Pelican Rapids which was near the state park were we camped.

1 comment:

  1. How fun and what specials memories your kids will remember forever!

    ReplyDelete