Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Birthday K-man

My little man is getting older. 8 years old and growing bigger and more mature every day. He loves reading, NASCAR, anything school (especially history and science) and his sisters.

We had a busy birthday day and it always seems a challenge to fit in our b-day parties in with all our other everyday stuff. We started out day off at church and then ate out at the Chinese restaurant (K-man's choice). After that the girl's had their gymnastics show which is a whole separate post. When we got home, K-man had to finish watching the NASCAR race and then we did cake and presents.

After I decided to use my bundt cake pan for K-man's cake he said he wanted it to be a NASCAR cake. So being the frugal mom I am, I used up the extra vanilla and chocolate frosting to make a checkered flag cake and K-man added the cars on top. We may not have the prettiest cakes, but I think my kids will cherish the memories of getting to make and decorate them together.







Rush Hour- One of K-man's favorite games!
We all know whose fault this is! (Nana Yvette) He LOVES it! Now we just need the 4 feet of snow to melt in the backyard.

Sneaky mom that I am I wrapped more school stuff for b-day gifts. Shhhhh! Don't tell K-man these Snap Circuts are for science class next year. He already put together his own solar powered clock. Hopefully he will leave a few experiments for us to do next school year.




Just one last picture that I couldn't resist. He always races in to get K-baby when she wakes up in the morning. She sure loves her buddy!





2 comments:

  1. K-man is growing up!! He is getting so big and it's so cute you see him with K-baby.... Luv the cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great big brother! Can you believe you've been a mom for 8 years? Times sure does seem to fly!

    ReplyDelete