Saturday, April 23, 2011

We Are Blessed!

Thank goodness for the pony express (or the postal service). We got a bunch of boxes this week to help us celebrate Easter and we are very thankful for all the fun new things that we got this week.


Nana Yvette sent the K-kids a big box of clothes, candy and crafts. Somehow it all got put away and I didn't get pictures of the box, but I did manage to get some pictures of the kids using their new paint supplies.



K-man



K-sis




K-girl




We did this while K-baby was sleeping!






My mom sent me a beautiful bag to use at church. I love the fabric and it has lots of pockets which will work great for all the stuff we accumulate and use during church.



Yvette sent me a new shirt, which I love! She also sent some stamping stuff to keep me busy for a while. Now I just need to find the time and space to use it.




Aunt Theresa sent us some reusable sandwich bags and hair barrettes for Easter. They are super cute and I especially love that you can use them again and again. I can't wait to try and make some more now that I have some on hand. I also got a lovely box of chocolate in the mail for my birthday which I hid from my kids, but since they got all their Easter candy I don't know that I needed to worry about it.






I finished up the girls' jeans late last night and they turned out great.






Our church's youth group blesses local church families each Easter with an Easter egg hunt at their own house and a basket full of goodies. We were very blessed to be one of the families that they visited this year. The kids loved finding all the eggs and reading the verses inside (along with eating plenty of candy!). They also gave us some wonderful gift cards for businesses in town and a basket full of toys. My kids are already asking when we can go give some other kids an egg hunt. This was definitely a reminder of how blessings and the spirit of giving can be passed along.




Bible Verse from the Easter Eggs.





K-sis with her loot.




A few youth from our church and the youth pastor's family.





On a side note, I find it so amazing that someone who went to the same high school I attended in KS ended up being the Youth Pastor of the church that I now attend in MN. It's a small world for sure.

1 comment: