Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

It's hard to even put in to words how wonderful my husband is! I think the world of him and that was before Saturday.


So for the whole story we need to go back a week to when we were sitting in church. I asked Shawn if he thought we should go to the missions fair that our church was putting on the following Saturday. He said, "NO! Don't ask me any other questions because we already have plans." So I knew something was going to be happening on Saturday. I was expecting a dinner out, but not quite like what really happened.


About 5 o'clock on Saturday, Shawn told me I would need to wear a dress and that he was going to pick up our babysitter. Nothing makes a mom happier than when her man gets a sitter for a night out. We had K-man snap a quick picture of us before we were supposed to head out. I then asked Shawn if he was ready to go since he was back with the sitter.




"No."




Then he told me that we had to wait for some "friends."




I wasn't expecting a limo!



A limo with some of my friends from church.




After the limo picked up the rest of these lovely ladies the driver told us that we still had an hour before she was to take us to a secret destination. So what's a group of moms, dressed to the nines going to do? Go to Target for snacks of course. We got some weird looks, but enjoyed our snacks and time to chat. Then we piled back in the limo and toured the city for a while, taking a quick side trip to take this lovely photo at one of the parks.




photo by Rachel

Then to the surprise of all the ladies the driver took us to the old train depot and our men greeted us with some long stem roses.








And then we walked down a candle lit hallway strewn with rose petals to see this lovely scene.


photo by Laura



It was so beautiful! They had music, wonderful decorations and a catered meal.


One of our wonderful friends, Laura takes professional photos and we are so thankful that she was willing to take a break from the fun to snap some photos for our "Mom Prom" as the hubbies dubbed the night.



photo by Laura

Our wonderful men who really know how to keep a secret!


photo by Laura


I also want to thank Val Hobbs, Naomi Larson and some other ladies for all the hard work they put in to cleaning up the depot and decorating! I know I will remember this night for always. I am so thankful for a church that has people who are willing to put time and effort serving other people.




We ended our Mother's Day Weekend with some time at church, lunch at Hunans for some Chinese food and then a relaxing bike ride around the lake.




I love being a mommy to these precious people!






We also have another set of wonderful friends from our church, Sue and Al Doering who willingly took K-man and K-girl to the "Duck Fair" for 5 hours on Saturday afternoon. Shawn was working the fair so he couldn't take them and it was $15/per kid to go, so I was not going to take 4 kids! Our kids had a blast playing games, making a wood duck box, winning prizes and eating lots of food and candy. We really appreciate Sue and Al, who we have adopted as our local grandparents. I love that I can see Christ's love shining out of these wonderful people!

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful, Carrie! You are blessed, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolute blessed evening! I'm sure you'll treasure it forever.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Talk about some great men! To plan all that and then keep it a secret....totally amazing! I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend! You deserved it!

    ReplyDelete