Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Strawberries and Airplanes

When it gets close to the 4th of July we know it's strawberry picking time! The kids love picking strawberries and I'm pretty sure we've done it every year since K-man was 2 years old. Some day I'll have to go back and look for pictures if I can dust off our photo albums.

For some reason (probably user error) these pictures are in backwards order

 All 4 K's!


 K-girl


 K-baby - She LOVED the strawberries as you can tell by her face. She picked and ate the whole time.


 K-sis


 K-man


 Loading up after we finished. K-baby was trying to crawl in to the back to get a few more strawberries for the road.


 mmmm....6 buckets of berries and 4 cutie pies


 Showing off a BIG one.


 K-baby and Daddy eating their way through the patch.

 K-man


 more K-baby...she was just so darn cute I couldn't narrow it down.


K-sis

While we were picking strawberries a bi-plane that does spraying work flew over. The kids all waved and the pilot waved his wings back at us. That got the kids all excited. I don't think it could have been a better set up. Every few minutes we would see the bi-plane turning in the air. I love the sound of the engine and I can't wait until we get to go to EAA in Wisconsin next month. Papa Bruce, you should have been here!

video

We've already ate some pure yesterday, some on pound cake today and now I'm looking forward to some delicious freezer jam tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Brings back memories last year picking strawberries... Save some for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to pick berries too! Yum! Also, do you go to Oshkosh? My husband and dad try and go every year. They love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness, Kassidy must be the cutest thing ever! I love how she had strawberry all over her face and teeth the entire time! That girl is bursting with personality!

    ReplyDelete