Monday, July 25, 2011

Green Beans are Done!

Stocking up our veggies for winter is keeping me busy! That and the fact that we had VBS all week and a 50th wedding celebration party to attend this weekend. I must be getting used to picking, canning and freezing because I didn't even think to take any pictures of us picking the beans or doing anything else. 

We ended up with 16 quart sized bags in the freezer, 14 pint jars canned and 24 quart jars canned. This was more than last year so hopefully we won't run out of green beans.

 All the cans.


My chest freezer. I just turned it back on and the green beans were the first thing to go in. I'm ready to see this freezer full for winter. My stand-up freezer that my parents gave us is already full of peas, broccoli and some of the things we have left from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment