Saturday, October 8, 2011

90 Days through the Bible, not quite

Well, today was the official end of reading through the Bible in 90 Days sponsored by Mom's Toolbox. I really wish I could say I made it all the way through, but I didn't. I did make it to day 54. I managed to make it from Genesis all the way through Isaiah.


Even though I didn't make to the end, I loved that I was able to make it more than halfway through the Bible. Using Mom's Toolbox I was matched up with a wonderful support group of other ladies reading through the Bible with me. I enjoyed the support I got from my weekly check-ins and it was motivating to keep reading because I knew I would be reporting my progress each Monday.

My favorite part of doing this program was learning that I could spend a good amount of time each morning (45 min. to 1 hour) reading the Bible and spending quality time with God. I loved the "big picture" of reading through the books so quickly and seeing how they related.

I kept up with the schedule from the 90 Days during the week as long as I got up before my kids woke up. It does time a long time commitment to complete the assigned. The toughest time for me was on the weekends when I really wanted to sleep in.

I was only running a few days behind when we travelled to KS for a 10 day vacation. When we got there it seemed life got in the way and I didn't make getting in my Bible time a priority. I didn't get any days done while on vacation. When we returned from vacation I managed to work in a few more days, but I pretty much gave up.

I'm thinking about signing up for the Bible in 90 Days again the next time Mom's Toolbox starts a group. I loved the motivation it gave me to spend time in God's word. Hopefully, I can make my morning Bible time a more consistent habit. I know I'm a better mom when I can spend some quite time with God in the morning. I would highly recommend this program to anyone who is interested in making it all the way through the Bible.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this. I'm pretty sure I said that last time you talked about it too, but seriously, I will eventually! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a committment but I know it is quality time when I do the same. I really enjoy my bible study on Wed. mornings now.... There is so much to learn and sharing with friends helps to understand the word. Thanks for posting....

    ReplyDelete