Tuesday, January 24, 2012

In My Seat

This past week, Steven Scheibner came to speak at our church. He was the pilot who was scheduled to fly the airplane that flew into the first World Trade Center. He has an amazing testimony which you can watch on you tube. The video is about 15 minutes long and is worth watching. It was made by his son (a homeschooler) who just graduated from Bob Jones University. His testimony really puts our lives in to perspective. Life is short. Are we really living for God?

One of the local television stations came by to cover the story. This short clip tells about his story and you can see Shawn, Kaylee and I. We don't watch the news very often because we are usually busy keeping up with 4 kids, but after Shawn went to work on Monday, all his co-workers said they saw the story and we looked it up on the Internet.

We bought his new book, In My Seat for Shawn's dad, but I have a feeling Shawn and I are going to have to read it before we give him a copy. I'm so grateful for the Naz Church and for the oppertunity to learn more about God's amazing love each week.


In other noteworthy news, my dad was also in the news this past week. My father, Tom Cook announced his retirement and his story was covered in The Hutchinson News. You can follow the link and read his story too. I'm thankful that my dad had such an amazing impact on not only my life, but also the lives of many other people through his work. We're hoping that my parents will enjoy their retirement and maybe even drive their R.V our direction every once in a while.

1 comment:

  1. What a great story - the video was awesome! Opens our eyes to how our Lord works in our lives. Providence for sure......

    ReplyDelete