Thursday, April 5, 2012

Crafting with Heather

Be prepared for LOTS of crazy crafting fun! My best friend Heather travelled from Wisconsin with her two boys to spend 3 and 1/2 days with our family. We always have an amazing time crafting while the kids play together. I really miss being just down the street from my friend!

 Heather and I in our crafting zone!

 We may or may not have supervised our children while we were crafting. The girls LOVED using the ipods and iphone.

 We did take some time out from crafting to take the kids bowling. I'll have to bring Heather's boys with me all the time now because they were great helpers with the little girls. I didn't have to do a thing, just sit back and relax.


 These three did some crafting too! They were making shrinky dinks in this picture.

 The boys played football, baseball, soccer and basketball.

 The kids all spent time playing in the sandbox. The weather was beautiful for most of their visit so the kids played outside when they weren't playing with the electronics.



 Both our crews! They always get along great and enjoyed playing with each other. I think they only had one disagreement in 3 days.

 Making smores in the backyard.

 Heather and I are already trying to make plans for our next visit. This time we will be heading to WI again.


Now, on to the really important stuff. When Heather and I get together we always spend time crafting. This time we didn't get any cards made, but we both made lots of jewelry and did some other misc. projects. This was my first time to really experiment with wire wrapping and I thought we ended up with some really cute pieces of jewelry.

K-man took all my jewelry pictures and I thought he did a pretty good job.

 Heather made me the necklace and I did the bracelet using stones she got from the Gem Show in Arizona. I'm sure Heather could tell you what the stones are called, but I can't remember.

 earrings

 I saw a necklace on etsy and decided to try making my own with beads we had on hand. I thought this project turned out really cute, but it took quite a while to string all those seed beads on.

  earrings

 A necklace with our families birthstone colors. We have two March, one April and three December birthdays. The white stone is supposed to be behind the other jewels, but it didn't lay right for this picture. Oh well.

 We didn't have any fancy wire rings so I tried my hand a creating my own twisted wire ring. Not to bad for my first try.

 Heather also made fruit of the spirit bracelets for all my girls. K-baby hasn't taken hers off yet. She has even been wearing it to bed.

Three more pendants that we ended up with. I need to find a silver chain with a smaller end so I can slide these on. I guess I'll have to go shopping.


 We also found some time to make some home cleaning products from ideas we found on Pinterest and my mother-in-law. We ended up making tub and tile cleaner, laundry soup, and dishwasher soap. I can't wait to try them out...umm...maybe i'll be able to wait a few more days.

Our final project was finishing our recipe binders that we started on our last visit to WI. We had the covers completed, but we needed to make the dividers inside. We broke out the Cricut cutters and got to work. We tried to get out ALL of our crafting supplies. We didn't use any stamps or fabric, but that may have to be on our list for next time. I'm hoping to show Heather how to quilt.



These are the dividers for our recipe binder. I'm thinking we may have to add a DIY recipe tag for all our home cleaning projects. I'll add that to my list I"m starting for our next visit.

Time flew by and Heather and the boys had to head home on Wednesday morning. We miss them terribly already! I'm thinking our next visit will have to be soon. I'm super thankful to have a friend who is willing to load up her kids and drive 9 hours to come see me!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! You guys are TALENTED!!!!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo much fun for the kids and you ladies! I love the jewelry! You always say you're no artist, but I beg to differ!

    I've been curious about trying the dishwasher soap, you'll have to let me know how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And hopefully, we will have time to do some fun things next time you visit! It always goes so fast.

    ReplyDelete