Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

We celebrated Mother's Day over the whole weekend this year. We didn't do anything crazy (expensive), but we had lots of fun spending time as a family.

 Our newest family photo (thanks to neighbor Chris!)

 Everyone grew this winter and needed new bikes except K-man so this is K-girl's new bike she got on Friday.

 All lined up and ready to go. K-sis got a new to her bike that had been previously used by the older to k-kids. I'm very thankful that my kids are thankful for new things (new or old).

 trouble

 The kid all helped dad clean the playset so they could stain it this weekend.

 My flowers!


New kids pictures since everyone was clean and dressed for church.






We also went back to Glendalough for another fishing adventure, this time as a whole family. We took Shawn's leaking garage sale boat and his nice kayak. Shawn usually sits in the boat with the kids and I take one at a time to fish on the kayak. We are really hoping to save up enough money for a bigger boat this summer since Shawn's current one doesn't really fit all of us very well.

Everyone waiting for daddy to bait another hook. K-man was baiting hooks to this time and I think that will help. I can bait worms, but I don't really like too and I like to play the "girl" card while fishing. :)

 K-sis caught a pike, but he was too small so we threw him back.

 K-girl

 K-sis and Mommy caught one on the kayak. She spent most of her time playing with the minnows in the boat.

 K-man's fish.

 mmmm....dinner
K-baby caught the tiniest fish of the day.

We all had a wonderful time and what better thing could I do for Mother's Day than enjoy a fun outing with my kids! Shawn let me take a nap with K-baby and had everything all packed when I woke up, even dinner. I guess we forgot to comb the girls' hair though. Oh well, real life is messy!

2 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! Your flowers are so pretty! Glad you had a fabulous Mother's Day! You certainly deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the kids pictures - especially the one of Dee..... Great fish catch too!

    ReplyDelete