Sunday, June 24, 2012

We LOVE veggies!

On Saturday we were able to get out to Bluebird Gardens for our first FREE pick for the season. While K-girl was at a birthday party riding horses, the rest of us loaded up and went out to pick peas, lettuce and spinach. I didn't take the camera out to the field, so no farm pictures, but I did manage to get some of the kids shelling peas.

 My favorite shellers. I love that my kids enjoy helping with food chores.

 We picked 2 5-gallon buckets of peas and ate quite a few while we were in the process.

 K-man and I stopped by the spinach patch to pick up a small amount (I'm sure we'll be getting more on Tuesday.)

We also picked some loose leaf lettuce.


mmmm....these farm fresh veggies taste SO good!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh fresh peas are so yummy and that spinach looks great! Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete