Sunday, July 29, 2012

Hoot Lake Triathlon

Today was the BIG day and I finally competed in the Hoot Lake Triathlon. I've been training for 3 months and I was really pleased with how I ended up doing. Shawn and all the kids drove/ran around to cheer for me during the race and they managed to get lots of video and pictures so I put them together using Windows Movie Maker to share with all my family.

My goal was to not walk during the run portion of the triathlon and I made it! This was a really hilly bike course and the last mile of the run was all up hill too. I ran 8:24 minute miles, which I thought was pretty good after the swim and bike.




A big thanks to Matt Shirkey who loaned me his racing bike, which made a big difference in my biking time and also to Kelsey Shirkey who let me borrow her triathlon outfit since she was only doing the swim this year. I'm thinking that I may need to get my own racing bike, but I have to save a $1,000 or so first. (Crazy!)

I'm all ready for next year!

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That was amazing.... What a great job on such a tough course! And good job to Shawn and the kids for cheering you on! Wish we could have stayed to see you participate, but it was a huge success! Well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Carrie!! What an awesome accomplishment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great job Carrie! :) And your fans were wonderful! Having the support makes such a huge difference in our lives. And thank you for putting this blog together...I love seeing how you guys are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job, Carrie! I can't imagine running that fast just because, let alone after all that swimming and biking! Congrats! You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, you are amazing. Good job.

    ReplyDelete