Thursday, July 12, 2012

More Pickles

My kitchen is a total disaster, the counters are cluttered with dirty pots and measuring cups and the floor is dirty and sticky. The rest of my house doesn't look much better right now. The house keeping always falls to the wayside when there is produce to put up. It always seems that everything in the garden is always ready to harvest at the same time.

Reality of what my kitchen looks like after a day of canning.

 I had all four burners going on the stove so I could make dill and bread and butter pickles.

 The results from day 2 of pickle making. 5 quarts and 13 pints.

We also picked up a 10 pound box of blueberries from the health food store today. The kids have been going up and down the stairs all day with little cups getting a handful of blueberries. I even managed to make some blueberry pancakes tonight before VBS. I'll let the blueberries sit in the fridge for a few days to see how many we can eat up fresh and then I'll freeze them for smoothies and jelly this winter.

Our garden is slowing down on the raspberries (most of them have been eaten by the kids) and the green beans are going full force! Our tomato plants are starting to produce too. I can't think of anything better than a garden fresh tomato.

We are also picking produce at one of Shawn's co-workers gardens this week because they are on vacation. They have 3 huge patches of raspberries and a huge garden! I'm hoping to blog or do something that doesn't involve veggies soon!


1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of pickles!

    Your blueberries and raspberries look amazing! That will make some yummy jam!

    ReplyDelete