Monday, July 16, 2012

Time in the Kitchen

Whew! I'm hoping that I don't have to do much in my kitchen tomorrow. I finished up the 10 gallons of beans today. This year we picked yellow and green beans. We've been eating both for every meal and they've tasted delicious.



 I also froze 10 pounds of blueberries. It may have been more like 8 pounds because my kids kept running by and getting a snack cup full of blueberries. I was wanting to make triple berry jam, but I ran out of energy so I froze them for later use.

I've also been freezing some veggie from our CSA box that we haven't been able to eat before the week is out. We were also busy this past week with picking one of Shawn's co-workers garden. They have a huge raspberry patch so I was able to get some in the freezer.

When the Nanas and Papas get to our house they may have troubles recognizing this little cutie. It seems like she is growing and changing every day. She doesn't often wear her hair down and I thought the Nanas would like to see how long it is getting. I LOVE those little ringlet curls and I'm sure it will be quite a while before we do a haircut with this one.

2 comments:

  1. Look at all those beans! I don't think I've had yellow beans before, but I do love me some green beans!

    I have noticed what a big girl Dee Dee is becoming in all your pictures! Katie can't wait to play with her again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are ready to play with you all! When you guys came back to see grandpa I couldnt believe how big K Curly has gotten! I bet u need a break from the kitchen! Seems like u have been spending a lot of hours canning or freezing. Sure looks yummy... See ya soon : ).

    ReplyDelete