Monday, July 23, 2012

Visitors from Kansas part 1

Nana Yvette and Papa Bruce are up visiting this week and we take our responsibilities of wearing them out while on vacation very seriously! I'm sure they are going to be longing for long work days in the KS heat by the end of the week with all the activities we have planned.

We kidnapped Nana off the airplane as soon as she landed and took her to an old fashioned tea party with some of our friends. The girls had a great time enjoying some lovely tea and lunch. I'm definitely thinking I'll have to unpack all of my tea cups I got from my grandmother and have our own tea party. 

We love our beautiful, shady backyard and had to show Nana and Papa all the perks of the sandbox, hammock, sprinkler and pool.

 Nana Yvette with K-sis and K-baby in the sandbox making tea.



 Papa Bruce found the hammock right away, but I don't think he ever got a chance to be in it by himself.


 Nana did some crafting with the girls.

 Papa braved our cold MN sprinkler water and joined the girls for some backyard fun.

 Some how they managed to fit 4 people in our little pool.

Saturday evening we managed to spend a few hours at the county fair. The kids enjoyed walking through all the animals barns. We saw lots of animals from families that we knew and my kids were impressed by the Fronning's cattle and goats. We also enjoyed lots of yummy fair treats and rides too.

 Looking at the baby chicks.

 Nana Yvette and K-sis looking at the exotic animal barn.

 This little girl let us all pet her bucket calf.

 K-sis, K-baby, Shawn and Papa enjoyed a ride on the carousel.

 K-man and K-girl did a few of the older kid rides. K-man and Papa Bruce also did the bumper cars, which K-man thought was the best ride ever!

 On Sunday I sent the family to the zoo and then I met them at the pool after church. I had to teach nursery this week. I think these guys were all glad to cool off in the water after spending a few hours at the zoo.

 Nana and K-sis

 K-baby jumping into the water.

 K-baby and Dad 

 Nana picked up a couple of leaches while she was swimming.

 On Monday nights Shawn plays on a church softball team. They won one game and lost the second one.

The cheering crowd.

Whew! I'm tired and it's only Monday night. Tomorrow we have K-man's b-ball game and then we are going to watch the Fargo Red Hawks. We are very thankful to have grandparents who love our kids and enjoy playing.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you adequately worn out Nana and Papa! Lots of fun1

    ReplyDelete