Monday, December 17, 2012

Cooking With Mommy

You may think that we are done with all of our CSA preserving for the year, but your would be wrong. I'm finally getting around to processing some of our potatoes. I try to use up as many fresh as possible before I start cooking them for the freezer. Well, I'm ready to have my laundry basket back (which if FULL of potatoes) and they are starting to grow softer since we brought them in from the garage. Before we leave for Christmas vacation I'm trying to get some of them in our freezer. Mostly I'm making mashed potatoes and hash browns.
 
For hash browns, I bake the potatoes for 1 hour at 350 degrees and then cool them overnight in the fridge. The next morning I either use my pampered chef julienne feature or use my food processor to  shred them.  So far we have 4 gallon bags of hashbrowns from one batch.
 
Kassidy loves to help out by washing potatoes. She loves dragging chairs over to the sink to help out.
 
Kaylee poking holes for me.
 
We also made sugar cookies!
 
Yum!
 
mmm...look at all those sugar filled creations!

I think I may need to get my treadmill out after this week!

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly how I do my potatoes too! I really admire all the time you take to preserve all the fresh produce so you can feed your family clean healthy produce!

    ReplyDelete