Friday, May 24, 2013

A Different Look Each Day

I'm always amazed at how school looks different each day around our house. I kept thinking that we would use our fun classroom each day, but we are usually doing school in different places each day. This past week Kolsen finished all his school work by lunch time and asked if he could paint his room. Of course, I had to say yes. He's such a hard worker! He finished adding the whole second coat by himself and had been bugging me to add his stripes on next. Hopefully this weekend we'll get around to finishing up his room so he can put all his stuff back in.
 
 The girls weren't quite done with school yet, but they didn't want to miss out on any of the action so they all plopped down on Kolsen's bed to watch him paint and finish up their school work. LT was napping upstairs, right above us so we tried to be quiet, but quiet and my girls don't usually go together.


As our school year is drawing to a close and we are finishing up our Countries and Cultures curriculum from My Father's World. We've spent the past year studying each of the continents, countries and environments. My kids always amaze me with what they are learning and remember. With our curriculum came a geography game that we played every so often and I don't think I was ever able to beat Kolsen at it. Earlier in the week Kolsen said he was ready for his final test so I handed him 5 blank maps of the continents and he was able to label over 100 countries on them! He only missed one of the ones we had studied and it was a small country in Europe, but he did add a few "extra" ones that we didn't have time to learn about. This kid amazes me each day and I'm so thankful to see him growing and enjoying his education! He's usually up and started on his school work when I get up each morning.

3 comments:

  1. This was a wonderful post. I love to see homeschooled children excelling, for I intend on homeschooling my own (once I finally have kids! LOL). God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kolsen is such a blessing to us all! Such a sweet and kind heart..... And a smart boy at that! Love you all.... And btw, love the color of the room. Sure brightens it up. Post the pics this weekend. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a smart and helpful guy! You can sure tell you're doing things right, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete