Sunday, June 23, 2013

Karolyn Goes to Camp

We just dropped Karolyn off at camp for the week. I'm pretty sure I'll be a wreck all week long. She's never been any where without family for longer than a night except for a few sleepovers (which were next door). I would appreciate prayers for her and me through Thursday! She has one friend in her "cabin" that she knew from homeschooling, so that makes me feel better, but my heart already misses her so badly!
 
 Karolyn in her "cabin" room. She is bunking with 9 other girls and a counselor.

The view of the lake from the walkway close to her cabin.
 
I've heard so many good things about this camp from people who attended as children, worked there  as counselors or had their children attend. I've not heard one bad thing so I'm sure she'll have a blast. She was most excited about lights out not being until 10:00 and having money to spend in the gift shop on candy and ice cream. She did so many extra chores this week to earn that money! I can't wait to see how she has bloomed and grown in her relationship with Christ when she gets home.

3 comments:

  1. Linnea went last week for her first time. What a beautiful camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know she will have a great time and be a busy little bee the whole time! What precious memories and stories to share when she gets home! Hang in there mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous opportunity! I'm sure she had a great time!

    ReplyDelete