Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hoot Lake Triathlon 2013

I did it! I completed my second Hoot Lake Triathlon!
 
 Getting ready to swim. Notice all the people shivering in sweatshirts and pants???
It was in the mid 50s when the race started.
 
 
 They start the race in four different heats and mine was the last one to start. I liked being last because then you get to pass all the slow people in the other age groups.
 
 
 The swim was 1/4 mile in choppy water. I drank quite a bit of water on the swim this year. They have two swim docks out in the lake and we swim around the far one and back. My swim time was only a little bit slower this year, but I still felt good about my swim.

 This is me looking like I'm about to die in the transition zone. :)


 My favorite cheering crowd! They drove the van around and cheered for me in quite a few places along the course.

 My bike time was 3 minutes faster this year! I don't know if it was my new bike or my training partner Kelsey who pushed me hard in our workouts? Probably Kelsey! Thanks!


 Kelsey and me! This is LT's mom who I babysit for and is often pictured on our blog.


 I even got a medal this year!
I was the 3rd women's finisher and got 2nd in my age group.
I also finished 48 out of 132 people.


Final results:
Total Time: 1:28:52
Swim 1/4 mile: 9:11
Bike 15.7 miles: 51:23 (an 18 mph average)
Run 3.3 miles: 26:31 (8 minute mile pace)

I had a blast and I'm trying to talk Shawn into doing it with me next year!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go!! What an awesome accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, you are aMAZing!!! I'm so proud of you! Way to go, Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go and congrats on placing! I am just in awe at your ability as an athlete!

    ReplyDelete