Monday, August 19, 2013

1st Day of School 2013

School has officially started! Well we've really been doing school all summer, but we finally got to break out the "new stuff" for the year. Kolsen, Kaylee and Kassidy were all excited about new math books and Karolyn loves her new grammar book. (I don't know where she got that from!) The biggest difference this year is that I am planning on waking all the kids up around 7:00 each day. In previous years I've never had to wake them up because they are for the most part early risers. So of course three of my children were up at 6:30 this morning and I only had to wake one kid up. I hate waking them, so hopefully we can keep this trend!
 
Our first day was a huge success and I was very happy with how it went. I got through all the history, science and bible lessons and also made it through the little girl's lessons. I didn't make the kids do all their individual work, but they did manage to get most of it done. I think we'll leave music, Spanish and spelling for next week.
 
 
Kolsen 5th Grade



Kassidy Preschool
 Yes this is how she will be dressed all year! We call it her homeschool uniform.

 
The Class Photo
 
 
The class photo with our newest class member, LT!


Kaylee 1st grade


Karolyn 3rd grade

 The big kids finishing up their science notebooks.

 We finished up school around 1:00 so we took a trip to the beach to swim. It was such a beautiful day outside!
 
 
Karolyn and Kolsen waded out in the water lilies to get me a flower! Ahh, my first teacher gift for the year. I have to say I have the BEST students in the world and I love getting to spend my time learning along with them each year.

We also made a quick trip out the farm to pick a couple buckets of beans and a bucket of carrots. I guess home ec. will be on our list of school things to do tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Your classroom is getting FULL! And the kids looks awesome and eager for school. I think Kaylee likes that dress... Getting a lot of mileage out of it.... Yeah..... Have a great year Mrs. Papon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are growing up so fast! Before you know it, you'll have a classroom full of teenagers!

    ReplyDelete