Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Garden and CSA Produce

 With all of the hot weather we've been having our garden is growing like crazy. Our banana and jalapeno peppers are producing like made and I've even picked some green peppers. The kids usually eat all my small tomatoes before I can get them in the house, but I managed to find some that they missed. Our giant tomatoes are starting to turn orange this week and I'm looking forward to making some more salsa.

Our CSA boxes have been coming faithfully each week on Tuesday. This is the pictures from this week's box. We ate corn, cucumber, cauliflower and some broccoli (from last week's box) for lunch today. The boxes have been a little bit on the light side this summer with all the cool weather we had this spring and throughout the summer, but they are packed tight now. I love the produce from Bluebird Gardens and I know we couldn't find a tomato or cucumber that would taste nearly as good any where else.

I love being able to slice up fresh veggies to leave on the table and know that as my kids wander through the kitchen they will all disappear. The cauliflower that I didn't steam for lunch is already gone and I'm sure the carrots won't last through the night. Kaylee even ate a corn raw yesterday. mmmm....veggies!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, love all those veggies! Can't wait to eat some of your tasty salsa when we see you later this year!

    ReplyDelete