Thursday, August 29, 2013

Measuring the Ark

As I've mentioned before we are doing My Father's World, Creation to the Greeks this year. We are in week 2 and loving it! We've been reading through the creation Bible stories and learning all about dinosaurs from the Christian perspective. Today we measured how big the ark was that Noah built. We only had a few neighbors drive by while we were walking down the middle of the street, but luckily we live on a quiet cul-de-sac. Shawn had two measuring tapes so the kids took turns counting out the ark 25 feet at a time.
 

 The kids are standing down at the other end of the street where we started measuring at. Can't see them?? The ark was around 450 feet long.
 
 I zoomed in quite a bit so I could see them.

 Then we took a quick ride the tallest building in town so we could see how tall the ark was.

 The ark was as tall as a four story building. Amazing! Noah worked on the ark for 120 years.



Around lunch time we took our weekly trip to the prairie for a picnic lunch and a little hiking.
 The kids found some caterpillars munching on this plant.

 Lunch in the shade! It was hot and humid out!



 Since we were trying to stay cool in the shade we decided to draw leaves on this visit.



We also managed to do most of our book work too and I'm happy to report that I've been staying on track with all of our history and science so far this year!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day of school to me! I love how you helped them realize how big the ark really was!

    ReplyDelete