Friday, September 20, 2013

Ancient Egypt

 mmm...sugar cube pyramid

We learned a lot about mummies and pyramids this week.
 

A few changes happened this week around our house and the biggest one is that I'm no longer doing daycare. Lincoln's last day at our house was today and we were all a sad when we dropped him off at his house after lunch. My kids were pretty upset when I told them he wasn't going to continue coming. Between homeschooling, kids activities, and starting up a new homeschool co-op, our schedule just got to busy to work with LT's nap time and there is only so much of me to go around. I'm also hoping that cutting out daycare will allow me to spend more time doing school work with my little girls too. We are still on call for back-up babysitting, so we are hoping to see him when his regular daycare is sick or on vacation and at church each weekend. We will definitely miss this little man!
 
Kassidy also had her first dance class and LOVED it, Kolsen went to his first cross country practice and we managed to attend all our other activities which are too numerous to list. The kids are definitely keeping me on my toes.
 
Shawn and Abby left tonight for their annual trip back to WI for duck season opener. Shawn hunts with his friends and old boss from WI for the weekend and he is planning on coming home after he finishes hunting Monday morning. The kids and I are planning on eating out, cleaning the house and having lots of fun outside. 

1 comment:

  1. I want to know how many sugar cubes were eaten! Mmm!

    I'm sure Shawn had a great time hunting!

    ReplyDelete