Sunday, August 3, 2014

2014 Hoot Lake Triathlon

Last weekend I competed in my annual triathlon race at Hoot Lake. Someday I may get around to doing a different triathlon (ideally one on a flat course). I was definitely missing my training partner this year, but I suppose having a baby 3 weeks before the race was a good excuse to not participate. Next year, I'm hoping she'll be back!!!

 Getting ready for the swim. It was much warmer this year and I didn't need a sweat shirt while I was waiting to start. I was pretty excited that Bruce and Yvette were able to be there along with my normal cheering crowd.

The swim was 1/4 mile and I managed to take around 2 minutes off my swim time from last year. My time this year was 8:23.




 We swim out on the left side of the swim docks and then back on the right side. I'm always in the last heat to get started which gives me a chance to pass lots of people who start ahead of me.

 The bike exchange area.

 I even managed to get on my bike, with my new bike clips w,ithout injuring myself! I took off 2 minutes from my bike time last year. My 15.7 mile bike time split was 49:21. My mile splits averaged to 3:15/mile. 

 My favorite kiddos! One of the ladies that was biking around me told me she was pretending that they were cheering for her since they followed us all around the course.




My cheering squad on the back of the bike route.

Coming down the hill for the finish.
For the first time ever I ended up puking during a race and of course this happened at the beginning. My run  time was about 4 minutes slower than last year, but I did manage to finish with a run split of 28:19 for 3.3 miles.

 Overall, I did better than I thought I would and ended up with a 20 second PR. 
I finished with a time of 1:28:32. I was the 8th woman and 48th overall.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome job, Carrie! I'm not sure I'd puke so much as just fall over and die! You're inspiring for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so impressed with your overall performance but mainly the swim! Racing in a lake ... Amazing! I am so glad we got to watch you, and the kids were all so

    ReplyDelete