Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Kansas Trip, part 3

After a quick one night stay at Shawn's brother's house and a few at the Papon farm, we drove up to Hutchinson to spend a few nights with my parents. This was a pretty short trip for us, only 11 days, but we ended up staying in 5 different locations (6 if you count Kolsen going to the Royal's games with Yvette and Bruce).

 We were able to celebrate Isaac's birthday with some yummy gluten free cake!

Then my mom arranged for us to take a tour of the Hedrick's Animal Farm which is only about 10 minutes from my parent's house. The kids had a great time feeding and petting all the exotic animals.







 Ike and A.J gave us a tour of a new park in town.

 Aunt Staci organized a treasure hunt around the house for all the kids!

 My mom and I found a few minutes to sit down and relax.

 Then my mom organized a day for family from out of town to visit. My Aunt and Uncle drove down from the Topeka area and my cousin's family came over from Rose Hill to spend the day. We had beautiful weather and the kids had a great time riding all the four wheelers and other fun toys.


We also managed to squeeze in a day of sewing with the girls!

It was a whirl wind trip and we had a blast getting to see so much of our families! Hopefully, our December trip won't be quite so crazy. We sure know how to pack the most fun into a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment