Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Quick Trip South

Shawn has been watching Craig's list, the local used car dealerships, and the newspaper for the perfect "new" to use vehicle. When he found the perfect Expedition in Lincoln, NE we headed down south for a quick trip to pick up our vehicle. This trip also gave us a chance to meet up with 2 of my uncles, a cousin and my parents for the weekend. We tried to squeeze in as much fun as we could. 


The weather was pretty windy one of the days, so we ended up at an indoor play place. The kids had a blast in the foam ball pit, trampoline bubble, lazer room and on the inflatables.




 My cousin Niki will be 30 years old this summer. Where does the time go?

 The next day was beautiful so we stopped by Holmes lake, drove by my grandma's old house, played at the park and walked along the dam that I used to hike and sled as a kid.

My mom



It was a quick trip and I made me realize how lucky we are to be able to normally spend weeks at a time with our parents! The best part was definitely seeing my family.

We were also able to pay cash for our new vehicle which was an amazing feeling. I love having NO car payments! Shawn has been grinning ear to ear ever since we got home and is plotting about how to get a bigger trailer to haul more decoys.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was lots of fun for a short trip! I can't wait to check out your new vehicle! It's so awesome you guys are able to always pay cash!

    ReplyDelete